The Greenbrier Sporting Club is thrilled to be featured among the 25 Real Southern Weddings in this year’s Southern Living Weddings Magazine. Published once a year, Southern Living selects only 25 real weddings to feature, so we are extremely proud. The featured wedding hosted an afternoon ceremony on our event lawn overlooking Howard’s Creek and the 18th Green of The Snead, and a dine-around reception and dancing in The Lodge.
The happy couple, Natalie & Travis, chose The Greenbrier Sporting Club as their summertime venue for its natural beauty and were wed on June 10, 2012.
“We thought about getting married in Austin, but the summer in West Virginia is just so magical,” said Natalie of her home state. “In the end, we wanted to be where we had a community of people we loved.”
- Natalie’s bridesmaids wore cocktail-length dresses in different shades of blue. The maid of honor, her sister, wore eggplant.
- Shiner Bock beers were a nod to Texas.
- Instead of a cake, the couple cut into a giant peach pie.
- Two flower arrangements set on columns, marked the altar.
- The cocktail hour also featured a light menu inspired by farmers’ market fare.
- The couple’s favorite band, Dangermuffin, played during cocktail hour.
- The couple left the reception beneath a shower of rose petals.
- Individual blueberry cobblers were a big hit.
- Photography by: Elisa B. Photography
You can see this stunning wedding (pages 76-79) and more in the 2013 issue of Southern Living Weddings Magazine. The magazine is on shelves nationwide, so go pick up your copy at a local grocery or bookstore.