1. Beautiful Historic Setting: The Allegheny Mountains provide an unmatched picturesque beauty. Sometimes referred to as the “Switzerland of America” due to the mountainous terrain. The Greenbrier itself is an award-winning resort located in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia. This National Historic Landmark, dubbed “America’s Resort,” represents over two centuries of history with its classic architecture, exquisite interior design, carefully sculpted landscape, impeccable service, and outstanding amenities. Set across a lush 11,000-acre estate, located just off Interstate 64, making it easily accessible from 1/3 of the U.S. population. The closest airport, Greenbrier Valley Airport (LWB) is only 13 miles (20 minutes) with no traffic from the front door.
2. Moderate Four-Season Climate: Ideally situated in an upland valley of the Allegheny Mountains, The Greenbrier and The Greenbrier Sporting Club enjoy a moderate southern climate, allowing you to enjoy numerous activities, no matter what the season. July averages: High 82F/Low 59F. January averages: High 40F/Low 20F. Snowfall is 19 inches. (The average US city gets 20 inches per year.) Accumulations vary on elevation and region. Eastern Greenbrier County, where The Greenbrier Sporting Club is located, generally receives less than the western region. The area receives 40 inches of rain per year (US average is 37). The most precipitation on average occurs in May. Prevailing winds are from the south and west.
3. Clean Mountain Air: According to the American Lung Association, breathing polluted air can harm your health and even shorten your life. In 2014, the American Lung Association gave Greenbrier County, West Virginia a grade of “B” based on an analysis of ozone and short-term levels of particle pollution. Note: The Greenbrier Sporting Club has had members relocate from more urban areas for better air quality.
4. Value: Incorporate a 239-year history of excellence at one of the world’s most prominent resorts, countless amenities and activities, and you get The Greenbrier Sporting Club – America’s preeminent resort residential enclave. The level of history, quality, and vision is not found anywhere else at any price. Add to that a 103,000 square-foot Casino Club, as well as a stop on the PGA TOUR’s FedEx Cup with The Greenbrier Classic. There is so much value compacted into this renowned resort that it appears that it can’t be beat. For those in the market for a vacation home, now would be a good time to purchase, as current home values are at opportunistic levels.
5. Choice: Whether you are looking to live near the hub of activity with a home along the golf courses and babbling creek, or a peaceful mountaintop retreat with privacy, The Greenbrier Sporting Club has a home or homesite to suit any desire within several neighborhoods to choose from.
6. Exclusivity: Membership, with a home or homesite purchase, is limited at The Greenbrier Sporting Club. This way The Club creates an exclusive sporting community, perfectly suited for just a few fortunate families to experience.
7. Amenities (Private Club & More): No other community comes close to what The Greenbrier Sporting Club provides – a world-class private club at a world-class resort. Two lodges with infinity pools, restaurants, lounges, sports and fitness facilities, their own private golf course, The Snead, as well as their own spa, equestrian center, year-round outdoor pursuits staff and so much more. On top if it all, they enjoy exclusive access and benefits to everything The Greenbrier has to offer.
8. Endless Activities: Diverse outdoor activities abound year-round and there is something for everyone to enjoy. After all, West Virginia isn’t called “Wild and Wonderful” for nothing. The Greenbrier Sporting Club is the ideal place to explore new pursuits and perfect your passions. As a homeowner, you’ll enjoy time to discover the excitement of learning new skills, as well as the thrill of pure sport, from fly fishing and hunting to shooting ranges and pond fishing. Only homeowners here have it all – from their own year-round members-only activities and private instruction, plus privileged access to the more than 55 activities offered by The Greenbrier resort – including its picturesque golf courses; The Old White TPC, The Greenbrier (under renovation), and the newly reimagined Meadows.
9. Excellent Health Care & Cosmetic Services: Members of The Greenbrier Sporting Club enjoy special access to the on-site Greenbrier Clinic, which provides diagnostic and preventative medical care to thousands of executives and health-conscious individuals every year who demand top-quality service and personalized care. Members receive 24-hour concierge care, receive a complimentary comprehensive premier wellness evaluation, and 15% off diagnostic services.
Board Certified Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon, Dr. Michael S. Kluska, is already leading the way to a more beautiful you, today! Renowned for his artistry as a cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Kluska and his team of experts offer surgical and skincare procedures and products at both The Greenbrier Center for Cosmetic Surgery and MedSpa and the temecula facial oral surgery. Sporting Club members enjoy 15% discounts on all MedSpa services and products provided at these locations.
For hospital services, such as immediate care and emergency room care, Greenbrier Valley Medical Center is located in Ronceverte, a short 20-minute drive. In Lewisburg, the Robert C. Byrd Clinic, an extension service of The West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine, provides primary care services.
10. Healthy Living / Farm to Table: From herbs to vegetables and homemade sausage to jellies, The Sporting Club’s chefs enjoy providing members with the freshest produce possible from local farmers. The Greenbrier Sporting Club also enjoys using fresh produce from The Greenbrier Chef’s Garden, located just east in Virginia, on 43-acres of pristine beauty. Everything from the farm is naturally grown with no pesticides. The farm raises nearly all of the produce for The Greenbrier Restaurant Collection, including 25 varieties of fruits and vegetables. If healthy living is a decision maker, then homeowners will be comforted to know where their food comes from when being served at The Club and the resort.
Homeowners can also shop healthy for their own pantries. Living in an agricultural community provides members with 3 farmer’s markets and a plethora of locally, sustainably, and organically raised produce, meats, and home products.
11. Low Congestion: Greenbrier County has been primarily agricultural, but is experiencing some population growth and significant development. With more special events bringing in more visitors, like The Greenbrier Classic, you’ll see very light congestion in the neighboring towns of Lewisburg and Ronceverte during certain hours on a few days out of the year, but there is absolutely no comparison to traffic when living in larger metro areas, such as Washington, D.C. or any other city.
12. Low Crime: West Virginia is among the lowest crime rate states in the country. Owning a home within the gated community of The Greenbrier Sporting Club, you’ll enjoy peace of mind, as security patrols the entire 11,000-acre estate.
13. Low Cost of Living: West Virginia’s cost of living ranks us 27th and is 97.2 or 2.8% below the national average, based on the Council for Community and Economic Research’s 2013 ACCRA Cost of Living Index. This translates into lower property taxes, electricity, and services.
14. Southern Hospitality: West Virginia has a reputation for having a small-town friendly atmosphere.
15. Respected Arts & Culture: Our beautiful valley has several charming hamlets that beckon you to explore. From White Sulphur Springs, home to The Greenbrier, to Alderson, home to West Virginia’s largest Independence Day celebration, and Ronceverte, home to the State Fair of West Virginia, our region promises visitors an array of attractions, events, and cultural opportunities for short day excursions outside the gate of The Greenbrier’s estate. Most notable is the town of Lewisburg, located just 9 short miles from The Greenbrier Sporting Club. The National Trust has named Lewisburg one of the Dozen Distinctive Destinations for Historic Preservation, one of the Best Small Art Towns in America, and voted America’s Coolest Small Town by Frommer’s Budget Travel Magazine. Downtown Lewisburg’s Carnegie Hall, Lewis Theatre, and Greenbrier Valley Theatre all feature nationally acclaimed artists and productions for concerts, plays, and other events. Here you can discover a surprising selection of art galleries, award-winning restaurants, sidewalk cafes, antique shops, and trendy clothing boutiques.